Tuesday 7 February 2012

On Track Models V/Line VLEX Louvre van

Hi all,

Just got a set of On Track models VLEX vans thought I'd give them the treatment! There a nice model with working doors and crisp details. I based the model on mid to late 1980's photos so I went easy on the graffiti with just a few tags.

I gave the model a white wash (hard to see in photo) and the roof a good dusting of weathering powder. I did not see the need to go to heavy with the weathering powders as the prototype vans often looked a relatively clean unit with very little if any rust. However there last days saw them just covered in graffiti...Just a thought for more modern day

Modellers, I almost forgot!! A door had to be replaced but the boys at the Vic-rail shops had a replacement out the back....

Cheers Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment