Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Updating the update - coil wagon progress

Hi all ,

Things are going well with the new kit. I have made a few changes and added some white metal components to bring the empty running weight up.The finished lower frame has now been re-done with some added detail!

As you can see in the pics, I have added the side rails and the lower parts of the coil seats. This was a test fit of the new white metal parts. I have also added a close up shot of a Jacking pad. This is one of four brass etch pads you construct from the etch parts (see other post for a shot of this etch).
It also has the tow plates in the same etch.

Now for the brass steps. I have started a new master for the steps that will be based on the prototype steps. The NQIW steps were close but not the same! Now, I thought they would be better  than just a bent wire. However, a few you you pointed out that they are close, but  not the same. If I'm putting in so much effort, why not go that little bit extra and make them correct!

So you win! I will cast brass step that match the prototype and I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment